Saturday, January 18, 2014

Assignment #1 Questions

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask these questions, but I figured there are probably some of my classmates that have the same questions.  I am confused on what needs to be done for Assignment #1.  I know that we are suppose to create a STEM lesson, but besides that I am lost.  Below are a list of the questions that I have.

  • Does it have to be an entire lesson, or can it be something like the Placed Based Problems that we have been doing in the majority of or EDMA classes?
  • If it is an entire lesson, what format should it be in?
  • Does a STEM lesson include all 4 elements?  Or can they sometimes just have 2 or 3 of them?
  • Are we suppose to teach the lesson/problem between now and when the assignment is due and report on what happened?
I think that those are all of my questions for now, but I am sure that I will have more :)  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Lexie - I hope Chip's clarification helped a bit. It's great if you can get all four aspects of STEM in there, but if you can't, strive for at least 2 or 3. Many times the aspects are so inter-related it's hard (and uneccesary) to separate them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do we post our lesson plans?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We post them as a new post here on the blog

    ReplyDelete