Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Minecraft Playground Project Outline



Stem Project Outline-Playground

(This is a rough outline.  Feel free to offer any suggestions).
 
Week 1: March 10
I.                 Introduce Project-Research images of Moose Run Golf Course; Take a field trip to Moose Run Golf Course and determine a good placement for the playground.
II.               Draw a picture while we are there of the placement to load into Minecraft


Week 2: March 17
I.                 Design Minecraft scene for Moose Run Golf Course.
II.               Teacher: Begin creating budget for students, determine cost of blocks, and supplies.  Give students budget.
III.              Students: Begin researching playground designs on the internet (Keep in mind safety, cost, time constraints, etc.)


Week 3: March 24
I.                  Students begin drawing model of playground to create in Minecraft (due March 31st).
II.               Teacher: Support students as they draw models, provide help as needed.


Week 4: March 31
I.                  Drawing of playground is due March 31st.
II.               Students begin creating model in Minecraft, keeping budget in mind. 

Week 5: April 7
I.                 Continue working on Minecraft Model of playground (Due April 14)



Week 6: April 14
I.                 Begin working on Prezi Presentation to present project (students take pictures/video along the way to include in Prezi).
II.               Playground model in Minecraft is due April 14.

Week 7: April 21
I.                 Finish Prezi presentations this week (Final project due April 28)


Class: I enjoyed the discussions about iron ore tonight.  I will be honest and tell you that I had to do some research to learn more about iron ore before we built the deposit, and I am still not certain I really understand where to find iron ore.  

The math portion of class was fun this evening.  I enjoyed looking at the different graphs and how we could manipulate them by changing the number of points on the graph or the runners starting or ending point.  Fun!   Finally, I cannot wait to see how to ride a pig or horse!  Good class.

No comments:

Post a Comment