Saturday, March 8, 2014

Reflection #7 - Lexie

First, I am sorry this is so late!  Things are super busy and I feel like I am just trying to stay a float, which I'm sure others are feeling like too).

Timeline for Project

Monday, March 9th
  • Science Class:  Students (in groups of 2 to 3) will make a model using cut-outs and a paper plate of their plant cell.  The different pieces of their model will be colored and labeled.
  • Math Class:  Students will use their model made in science class to make a blueprint for the cell they will be creating in Minecraft.  They will make their blueprint on graph paper.  Once they have their blueprint created, labeled and colored, it will be approved by the teacher.  After being approved, students will calculate the area of each part of the cell.  Once the areas have been calculated, students will create a plan for how they will build their model in Minecraft, including who will do what, what blocks will be used for each part of the cell, and how will they check their work.


Tuesday, March 10th
  •  Science & Math Classes (2 periods – 150 minutes):  Students will go into Minecraft and build their plant cells.


Wednesday, March 11th
  • Science & Math Classes (2 periods – 150 minutes):  students will finish up their cells in Minecraft and prepare for their presentation. The last 30 minutes of class will be used for each group to present their plant cells and describe their process and areas.


Reflection of Class


I enjoyed this week’s class (as always).  I thought it was very helpful to talk with others about our projects and provide each other feedback.  I also really liked the interactive graphs.  I am teaching that topic in Algebra I now, so I enjoyed how they provided good visuals and manipulation tools to help you understand what is actually happening to the functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment