Monday, March 10, 2014

Reflection on Mar. 10 Class

Tonight was a real stretch for me.  Great Shout Out to Lexie and Heather for pulling me through that one!  Usually I have some reference point, ancient though it may be to pull from, but tonight not so much.  My brain was full about ten minutes into class, but as usual, I walked away feeling like I'd really learned something.  The topographic map exercise was cool and I'm hoping to reproduce it for some extra credit but I have some doubts.....  One of the things I really enjoy about this class is that we get to explore all kinds of gadgets and websites that make on-line learning visible and a touch kinesthetic and not just auditory learning.  I've been taking classes on-line for years and that aspect of this class really separates this class from some real swamp slogs.  I get to learn hands-on learning digitally and then be able to model and share that with my kids!  Thanks again for another great class.  The Minecraft Monday was a blast too! Literally!  As much as my good intentions allow, I just can't seem to make it to Thursday's class cause I'm still working and I can't get Ben and Kate to join, but tonight was like Family night in front of the computer for all of us.  Thanks Colin for taking yet more of your time to set it up and make it work.  Ben and I just downloaded WorldPainter and are going to have fun with it over the next few days!

2 comments:

  1. WorldPainter is awesome for creating worlds from grayscale images (File -> Import Height Map). If you're into world manipulation, you'll also need to check out MCEdit as well. Infinite sinks of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad you're getting a lot out of the class, Chris :) I've never taken or taught an online class, so I also appreciate learning from Chip, Lori, and Colin.
    I seem to remember you posting your math standards with your project ideas, but could you post them for this week's reflection also? Or maybe they're somewhere else?

    ReplyDelete