Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Final Class Reflection

What a great way to end class.  The projects were all wonderful.

Christine,  I have enjoyed watching the development of Harry Potter World in MinecraftEdu, and it was great to see the presentation and learn more about the work that went into it.  I also really had fun riding the rollercoaster to "The End." - although Autumn says she did not like it.  :)  I think it was because she is a control freak and didn't like feeling out of control there.

Debbie - what a great problem to tackle with your students, and I was so impressed by their work and the math involved in raising pigs and saving wasted food.  I do wonder if your students have started being more aware of the food they waste in class because of this.

Karen - I loved the dam.  I have also enjoyed watching it progress in our server.  Can you tell I'm a curious (or snoopy) person. :)  They did a great job creating it, and making it work like a real dam would.

Nichole - I know you felt like it was a big fail, but I think it was a great success.  The students learned and they enjoyed themselves while doing so.  It may not have turned out how you thought it would, but it was great.

Sunshine - The boat was wonderful.  It was so fun to listen to Kaekoa (sorry if I spelled that wrong) tell us about his boat.  Especially, "no don't touch that."  That is something you would definitely hear a boat captain saying to curious people lurking around the engine room.

Heather - the erosion project was impressive. What a great project to do that hits close to home.

All of these projects showed the creativity and ingenuity that children can have when given the chance.  I love how we were able to harness instead of stifle their creativity and thinking with our projects.

This has been a great course, and all the instructors have been so helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment