Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Final Post

Wow....... that's all I can say......Yeah right, a teacher of few words!!

The minecraft projects were incredible.  The erosion of the land due to the rerouting of the Matanuska River is a real problem and the students did a fantastic job.  The steam boat was wonderful and inspiring as well.  I can't even navigate in minecraft, I can't imagine the time it took to build that boat!  The tunnels for the hamster were great as well and I can imagine what my room would look like if we did that.  Thank goodness we have fish!  I loved the idea of Harry Potter as a STEM lesson! 

I have been inspired by the creativity of the teachers and instructors in this class.  It helps me see ways to incorporate the content in more fun and engaging ways.  I know that I will be teaching first grade again next year and I am going to spend time this summer finding ways to put into place what I have learned from this experience. 

Thank you everyone for your hard work and dedication. 

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Debbie - it has been great to have you in class. Your project was a great example of the engineering design cycle adapted to your location and grade level. I would love to hear about the projects you use in the future!

    ReplyDelete