Monday, April 28, 2014

Last Post-Presentations

Tonight's presentations were great!  Last week's were awesome as well. 

Christine, the roller coaster to the end was very cool.  I loved that you did your project around Harry Potter.  It really draws the interest of the kids.

Debbie, your project was inspirational.  It is such a big problem, waste at the schools.  I wish we could find a solution for all schools in our country.  It is such an on going problem that needs addressing.  Those kids are going to remember this lesson for years to come.

Karen, building a hydroelectric dam in Minecraft was very neat.  I love all of the research you had to do to gain the knowledge in order to create the dam.  There was a lot of work put into building it.  Those kids worked hard, and it showed in their final product.

Nicole, building the mouse maze I thought went well.  We always have successes and failures and I felt that yours was a great success.  The kids learn so much from error.  They came together in the end and created a maze that the mouse successfully went through. 

Heather, your project was amazing!  To take it home like that and create a project centered around an issue in your own area was brilliant.  It really touched home for your students as well.  You could tell they learned a lot about erosion and came up with a nice plan to solve the problem.  I am glad they got to help with presenting, they seemed so proud of their work, as they should be.

I had a great time with all of you wonderful instructors as well as my peers.  That was so much fun learning with all of you.  I hope to see and hear from you all again in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sunshine, the boat project has amazing details! Nice work Kekoa! I have a friend you is a marine engineer/naval architect here in Juneau - would be interesting to show Kekoa's boat design to her. I bet they would have a lot to talk about!

    ReplyDelete