Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Week #2 Reflection - Lexie

Sorry that I am having to make a new post for my reflection, but it is the only way that I can get my "work" for the problem to show up.

While working on this problem, I realized that I had left my information about the Monster Lobe at school, so I had to search again.  According to what I found on the internet, it said that the Monster Lobe is 170 km south of Deadhorse and 65 km north of Coldfoot.  When I did my calculations, I found the distance from Juneau to both Deadhorse and Coldfoot.  I found two different answers and the difference between them was 25.83 km. 




3 comments:

  1. No problem, Lexie... you can only include pictures when you create your own post, which is fine to do each time. I've gotten a couple of questions about how to do this and responded to the students individually, but for anyone reading here: the screenshots where I walk you through creating a post are in the presentation from Week 1 (posted on BlackBoard).

    Nice work on your conversions! By the way, this is what our slides were supposed to look like last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making due with the information you have at hand is the hallmark of perseverance! Setting an upper and lower bound, denoting the limits of confidence in your answer: that's the work of a pro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree! Great job showing the fraction conversions correctly, identifying your steps, and working with the information you have. Finding upper and lower bounds are a great way to show a range of values, particularly when there is room for error. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete