Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Reflection for February 10

I enjoyed most of last night's class. I really like conversions although I haven't done them in a couple of years and don't teach them so I was very rusty. Colin still leaves me in the dust during his Minecraft component. I am totally on board with the whole idea but the weekly conversations are just not paced for a novice.

I polled my students today about STEM projects they would like to do and of course floatable boats and airplanes topped the list. I'm all for that. I just don't want to have to lay out my money for materials. No Walmart in Dillingham.....

As for me personally? I tanked at physics in college (a looong time ago) but as I have come to understand physics in the real world I have become a fan. I would like to understand more about simple physics that goes beyond the National Geographic experiment box but doesn't go so deep that I want to join a Stephen Hawking fan club.

1 comment:

  1. I love physics when related to our observations of the natural world as well. Relevance is awesome!

    ReplyDelete