Monday, March 31, 2014

Energy Lesson

My favorite of the three energy stations was the brain pop roller coaster creator.  It took me a while (first my coaster was getting stuck, then it was crashing), but I kept making minor trial-and-error adjustments until it stopped just right.  I am curious to know how my coaster was similar/different to others in my group.  It would've been great to have more time to screen share or something!

Once I got it just right, I felt so proud, I showed my husband!  He wants to play on the site now too.

I looked at the brain pop app on my school iPad, but it does not include the games.  I am hoping to let students experiment with this site--they will just have to take turns on the class computers.  Brain pop also has mini videos that could help students get some background knowledge before they start the coaster game.

Thank you for sharing this site!  I've had the app on my iPad since the beginning of the year.  Now I want to explore it to see what we've been missing! :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice Nicole! good to know about the background videos - I'll check those out. My kids really liked that site as well, great mix of engaging material and STEM content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rollercoaster BrainPop site would be a good thing to have at a station for sure.

    ReplyDelete