Monday, March 31, 2014

Reflection 10



That was super fun tonight!  I wish we had more time at each activity.  I really enjoyed making the roller coaster, and am planning on creating one in Minecraft later.  I will probably have my students do that for a STEM lesson next.  It was great to go over potential, kinetic, and dissipated energy.  I feel like I truly understand it now.  After class I had to go back to the build your own roller coaster site.  I was so frustrated that I couldn’t get it to work.  I added several loops and found that it helped.  It only took me a couple of minutes and I was able to successfully build a track that works. 

As for the assignment, I feel like you guys are really pushing us.  Every week I start out really worried that I am going to do it all wrong.  But when I finish the activity I feel like I really accomplished something that was a challenge.  It sure makes me feel good.  I am, again, skeptical about our task this week.  But I am excited to work on it.

An update on my project.  I am getting together with the two boys this Thursday to see what they have come up with for research on building a ship.  Then we will discuss and possibly just move onto the next step, which is calculating how much material we will need to create this ship on Minecraft.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we had more time as well - seems like we needed about 3-4 more minutes in the Minecraft rotation, but I think we were able to get people thinking about Potential -> Kinetic / Dissipated energy so at least we accomplished that goal. I liked having the different stations as it gave everyone the opportunity to see the topic using different tools and think about it multiple times in multiple ways.

    ReplyDelete