Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Reflection on Class 3/31

Last night was lots of fun!  After our discussion and followup from last week, I started in the group for building the roller coaster.  The design process was very fun!  I had a little difficulty hearing Megan and the Brain Pop Roller Coaster lesson at the same time.  Still, I was able to create a roller coaster.  Of course, I was very disappointed when I came to the end and crashed through the barrier.  Then I did not have time to fix my roller coaster before I was put into Minecraft with Colin's group.

In Colin's group I was a little lost at first.  I think I was at the wrong roller coaster.  Once Colin moved me I was fine.  I was able to find the height at the base of the roller coaster.  Colin helped me figure this one out.  I get frustrated when I feel like I am not playing an active role in the group so I was glad that Colin was able to help me get involved. Thanks!  Just when I feel like I am getting better at Minecraft I find out I have so much to learn!

The next group I worked with was Chip's group.  This group was also fun.  I liked that the graph allowed the user to see the way energy was exchanged.  Very cool!  We also had a fun dicussion in Chip's group.  I still think it was fun to crash the skateboarder into the house.

After class was over I went back and worked a bit more on my roller coaster because I just couldn't sign off for the evening without achieving success.  My daughter walked over and pointed to where I needed to change my roller coaster and sure enough she was right!  This was after me trying to fix it for about 10 minutes.  In all fairness my daugher built a roller coaster for her 4th grade class a few years ago; I think she had an unfair advantage. :) Either way, I had a great time in class last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment