Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 24 Reflection

I am glad that I was able to make it to part of class.  I am at a work Conference in Nashville, and was only able to make it to part of it.  At least that part was the activity.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take my headset with me, so I had no mic.  I also was on a different page than my group for some reason, so the work I was doing on the board did not show up for them.  I just kept typing in the chat box, and was maybe able to help a little bit.  It was an interesting problem.  I do have a hard time when I have to estimate, because I like exacts.  However, I know it is important to be able to do, and in fact is a key aspect of life.  I have not had the opportunity to go back and listen to the rest of class, but am excited to do so.

My project is a little behind because Sam, North's friend, went to Anchorage during Spring Break to watch his sister play basketball in the state tournament.  I had not know this was going to happen.  The boys are very excited to work on this though, and have already started coming up with good ideas.  They are also excited to share what they do with their class and mine.

The thought of proposing it to the 8th graders is fizzling out.  They are very nice when they talk to me about it, but their mom has told me that they aren't really as excited about it as they were at the beginning of the semester when we talked.  That is because although it is minecraft, it is a project that they would have to spend time doing and not getting any credit for.  Good thing I really planned on working with North and Sam on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment