Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2/24 Reflection: Speed, Velocity, Acceleration and Minecraft



Well, as you can probably guess I had a difficult time keeping up with class on Monday.  We were in the USO in Seattle.  Quite a nice place to sit when you have a seven hour layover; it was either take an earlier flight to Seattle or miss our connections altogether.  I managed to remain in class until about 6:15 and actually had better luck with Minecraft than I did with the Blackboard program running.  I was not able to use my microphone during the session due to an audio delay and my chat was also delayed, so anytime I did try to answer questions on speed, velocity, and acceleration it never seemed to post.  I did do some work on paper.  I rarely work with speed, velocity, or acceleration in class because my teaching experience has been in 2nd and 3rd grade.  Still, if I review the concepts I am able to calculate speed, velocity, and acceleration; though, I am more comfortable figuring out speed and velocity.  I also referred to a website to review these concepts.


“Speed, Velocity, and Acceleration” Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZo8-ihCA9E

Finally, I enjoyed working on Minecraft with Heather and Debbie.  Heather was very helpful supporting Debbie as I could only type to communicate.  We were able to get started digging in region 3.  I logged back in around 7 when I had gotten to our gate, however Heather and Debbie were no longer there.   I did a little more digging and added some more torches.  I am still a little unclear on exactly how we create a mine, but I will do some searching and figure it out.

-Sara L

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for hanging in there, Sara, and I'm glad the youtube video helped a bit with the distance, velocity, acceleration topics. We'll do more with Gizmos tomorrow in class.

    ReplyDelete