Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Speed, velocity, and Acceleration and Ore Deposit - Heather D

     I really enjoyed the speed, velocity, and acceleration part of last night.  I was making errors left and right, but that was my own fault.  I know how to read a graph, and I know how to find and calculate speed, velocity, and acceleration from the graphs.  This took me back to my physics days, and I really miss Physics.

     It was fun to build an ore deposit.  Working in groups is always interesting, but I think we did an okay job building our ore deposit.  We may not have dug down as far as you would find it in nautre, but we did not want other groups to have to dig down forever to find out deposit.  I also think we may have made our deposit a bit large.

     My son and his friend are already looking forward to building an ore deposit later on in the week for their assignment for me.  It will be fun to see what they can do.  As I talked to them about it, they said, "Wait, we get to create the mine?"  I told them yes, but they had to then cover it up.  It will be fun.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the topic, Heather. We'll get some more practice on distance and velocity in class tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete