Monday, February 24, 2014

Class 6 Reflection (2/24)

The review on speed and velocity was much needed.  If you don't use that type of info regularly, it starts to fade.  Thanks for the reminder!

Once I logged into MC and got to the correct location, our group started digging into the side of a big mountain.  It was pretty fun but dark in the cave!  I couldn't figure out how to get a headlamp on, so I followed one of my teammates around in the cave because I couldn't see... or maybe because I was scared :)

I'm a little nervous about creating a mining lesson since my students have not been using MC.  We usually mine out the chocolate chips from a cookie for one of our Mining and Rock lessons, but I'm going to try to think of something new and outside of the box.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Wish me luck!!

I second the previous comment regarding our STEM Project Proposals.  Shall we get started??

3 comments:

  1. It's not fair for you to have to wait for us to respond. I say, "Go for it!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake lesson that someone mentioned sounded like fun! I want to try that one myself! I'm going pinterest and google that one. I'll let you know if I find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done that one before at a conference, except it was filled with stuff that you wouldn't want to eat, like corn kernels and peas! Bummer. Probably best for my wasteline. The key questions they presented in the little exercise was the economy: how many shovels / pickaxes did you buy? What was your exploration method? How much gold / whatehaveyou did you pull out of the ground? How much is that worth? What was the net profit? That sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete