Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Reflection on 2/24 Class

  I love Minecrafting!  This was a fun lesson and I wish my computer made it more amenable to watch the whole thing, but in the mean time, Ben and Kate are raring to go to bury some ore.  We've been doing a little bit of research into where these ores and gems are found.  That graphic from class was a great jumping off point for us to go out and look around for more information about how gems are formed and deposited. We also got a little social  studies lesson on what a "blood diamond" is. Hmmmm....  If my kids were older this would be some really fertile ground to take Minecraft into a socially conscious realm and explore. 


The class on velocity and acceleration was a stretch but I've really been enjoying getting into the Way Back machine to see what I actually remember. It's been really empowering to see that I can dredge up this learning from thirty years ago and make it work! Sometimes it's nice to know what you're capable of.


I was just wondering, are we supposed to start implementing our proposed project or are we supposed to wait for some kind go ahead or tweaking with you guys? Is there a revision process we should be working on? Thank you for the sites that were left on my Proposal entry but am not clear on what to do next? 


Every day this class meets is a revelation and I will be sorry when this one ends.  This has been the best one in the program!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! As I mentioned in the blog up there I would like to start posting a few times ahead of time when I'm gong to be in the world working on stuff. I think tomorrow, about 2:30, I will be on.

    ReplyDelete