Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Reflection 2/24

I always enjoy doing speed and velocity problems.  At first I wasn't sure if I was doing the problems right, but that was not the case.  I have always enjoyed working with equations, this a great refresher since I have not done math at this level for a very long time.  I really enjoy the Gizmo activities and website.  They will be excellent to use in the classroom and look forward to trying them with my students. 

I finally feel like I have a grasp on Minecraft, the ore deposit activity was fun.  It was good to get support on what to do and how to get around in the program.  I was feeling lost for awhile in this class, but this session really helped me understand things.  I look forward to doing a similar activity with my students.  We have not been using Minecraft in my classroom, but I think we can still get the same results.  We will be using cake and Reese Pieces, this activity will also be a great way to review fractions with my students.  I know they will be excited to do this activity. 


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great class day for you, Sara - I'm glad :)

    ReplyDelete