Tuesday, April 22, 2014

4/21 Reflection

As the only one who did not use Minecraft with my students (of those that presented today) I was a bit nervous about how my presentation would go.  I was really proud of the work my students did with the project, they really stepped out of their comfort zone.  It would be awesome actually have them find materials around the village to make the fox trap.  It was fun to see difference in students from a rural and urban like setting.  While Sara L.'s kids worked on coming up with a plan for building a play ground and my students came up with an idea to trap a fox as part of their subsistence life style, groups worked with real life proposals that effect their general lives.  The presentations by the students were the best part when they presented either North during class or the others in the video you can tell the enjoyment of the students and the passion they had for their projects.  Everybody did an awesome job presenting and I can't wait to see what the next group has in store!


1 comment:

  1. Really nice work, Sara. You took on many side projects to make this successful - helping your students figure out how to communicate how their traps would work, allowing them to change the project from a moose trap to a fox trap at the beginning, working with limited materials for building, and side research into lumber dimensions and supplies (a 2x4 really is a 1.5 x 3.5). I like how they identified the pros and cons of each - excellent work!

    ReplyDelete