Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Presentations Day #1 Reflection - Lexie

I really enjoyed everyone's presentations and projects yesterday!  I loved how they were each very unique and applied STEM.  It was great to see how everyone (especially the students) were excited and into the projects.  I know that each student will remember these projects for the rest of their lives because it made connections for them.

I really liked how Sara L. found a need for the community and worked to solve that problem.  I hope that the base does look at your suggestions and possibly make a change for that area.  I love that your daughter wanted a rollercoaster!  My son would have asked for the same thing.  The Fox trap project by Sara H. was also amazing.  What I liked about it the most was that it was so applicable to the students.  I could hear them asking you Sara if they could keep working on the project!  I also liked Heather's project, especially the work with her children.  I loved how they decided to make a rollercoaster for the people visiting the lobe.

Overall I really enjoyed the presentations and I look forward to next week's presentations.  I also have to say that I don't really want this to end.  I enjoy having an excuse to play Minecraft with  like-minded adults!  Maybe we should all start a support group.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to continue this experience!! I enjoyed your presentation so much and my kids loved it! I wish you could have seen they way your teaching and students' thoughts impacted my children's thinking all through the Minecraft lens! I agree with you on the support group thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree, my children sat glued to the computer today with me and then after I had watched the videos, they kept watching them. Then, I had one daughter come home after they had all been watched, and he siblings took her to go watch them. They have really enjoyed learning this way.

    ReplyDelete