Tuesday, April 22, 2014

First Round . . .

The creativity was shining last night.  I thought that using Minecraft to teach cell construction was a brilliant idea.  The knowledge that some of those students showed in their presentation was impressive.  What a great job Lexie!   The foxtrap and the playground were so applicable to the student's lives.  Two more great ideas.  I really enjoyed the presentations from Sara H. class regarding the foxtraps.  They showed great thought and some passion even.  The video from Sara L's son was wonderful.   The budget was constructed and worked out with great detail.  And Heather and North, what wonderful work.  North did a great job presented, I would have been mortified at his age.  I am kind of sad that I didn't think out of the box more.  I did contact a charter school in the Valley that was going to work with Minecraft.  It was six weeks into the semester before I heard back.  Things were not going the way that they had hoped, but I did send them information from our class.  If they pursue the Minecraft class again, they will probably contact the instructors of this class.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work bringing it home to your student - putting the lobe in your own backyard! Creative way to do it.

    ReplyDelete