Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 21st Reflection

As expected, all of the presentations were over-the-top! I have discovered that one thing I like about Minecraft is the ability to make working parts like levers, lights, and movement. I also like how it presses kids into creativity. I look at their work and I can hear their brains thinking "hmmm....I wonder if I could add a water slide or maybe sand for safety?"

I loved the fox traps. The comments Chip made about city kids versus rural kids and their attitudes toward animals was so true.

I was most impressed though by the work that came from the intensive and special needs students. Someone remarked that their designs looked like a high school AutoCad class and they sure did. Another example of how technology is making a huge difference in the lives of students who learn outside of the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment