Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Class Reflection and Monster Lobe Solution

It was really enjoyable to go around and visit the different Monster Lobes in our EDMA server.  I was impressed with the work on the dam.  I had to go back in and play with it a little bit and see what happened when the switch was flipped.  I am impressed.

Class Monday night stretched my memory in trying to remember inertia and momentum.  After remembering, I enjoyed finding the momentum of the monster lobe.  I find it so fun to do unit conversions.  In my mind, the more conversions the better.  I think I am sick in the head a bit.

As for solutions to the problem.  I have thought of building a wall.  I know it would be huge.  But, it wouldn't just be a flat wall.  It would be kind of curved, so the lobe could still move a little as it was slowing down to stop.

I also have thought about making a bridge for the road and the pipeline so they could go over the spot where the monster lobe would meet them.  This posed a problem in that I wasn't sure how to fortify the braces/legs/supports of the bridge for when the monster lobe hit it.  Until I saw the avalanche guards for the power lines.  That could maybe work.  Then, I wondered about making the pipeline flow uphill, but I imagine that it must flow uphill in some areas, so the engineers probably already know how to do that. Plus, if it has enough energy, flowing uphill for a little will not be a problem.  Another idea is to build a tunnel over the road and the pipeline so that the monster lobe can flow over them.

(Then as I was driving my children home from school today, I thought - oh shoot, why did I not post my reflection yesterday when I was looking back on my timeline?" -  I should probably tell myself the deadline is back to the original 5:00 pm on Tuesday)


No comments:

Post a Comment