Monday, April 7, 2014

Monster Lobe Solution & Reflection

This week was great!  I always enjoy this class.  I feel like I learn so much!  I like that you had the comparison of larger mass momentum to smaller mass momentum.  It really put it into perspective.  Going into Minecraft is always fun too.  Those finished monster lobes were amazing.  I don't know how you ladies did it, that was a lot of time and energy spent on the lobe.  I applaud you and your kids.  Great water works Colin, that was cool.  Speaking about Minecraft, my son built his ship already in his Minecraft (my STEM project), but I am going to see if he doesn't mind recreating it in our world so that during my presentation maybe you guys can take a tour.  I'm also curious how we are going to present.  Are we going to send you the information we want you to put up when we are talking?  Or are we just going to reference back to our finalized paper?

My Monster Lobe solution is to somehow melt it down so that it just becomes this pile of debris that may continue to creep down the mountain, but it will be easy to clear out and won't be pushing through and destroying the road and pipeline.  If we could somehow super heat the lobe, it could become this glob of mud.  Turn it into a mudslide.  Another thing I was thinking of was digging a large trench and placing a smooth metal in it that would wind up into a tube that could divert the lobe to another location. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sunshine - looking forward to seeing your boats! You could send Colin an email to see if there is a way to "copy and paste" the boats into the EDMA 693 world. And yes, if you send us your presentations ahead of time we can load them up in Collaborate so you can walk through it that way.

    ReplyDelete