Tuesday, April 15, 2014

4/14 Reflection - Lexie

I enjoyed class tonight, as usual.  It was fun to hear everyone’s presentation.  In my group, we spent time discussing what we were going to try and build.  We started off by thinking we would build something similar to an avalanche shed, but after a little research we changed our mind and decided it would be more cost effective to build a bridge with diverters placed strategically to protect the bridge (similar to what AEL&P built).  Once we knew what we were going to build, I volunteered to go into Minecraft and build a model of what we were talking about.  Overall I think that our idea is a viable idea, but it definitely needs more planning and research.


I would have to say that I would vote for the last presentation, I believe it was Ronna.  Mainly because it made me laugh, but also because she had some valid points.  I think that tourist would pay money to come and take away a piece of the lobe.  I also liked the idea about blowing it up!  When they build roads through mountains or around mountains, they have to blow part of it up and haul it away.  This might need more maintenance, but I think almost all options are going to need upkeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment