Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Weekly Reflection

I had fun planning and creating a presentation to showcase our strategy, to leave the lobe alone.  Between the three of us, we came up with some really great ideas.  Each person took on a different role at the appropriate time (for example, the devil's advocate, as discussed by Colin), and for the most part, we were proud with what we came up with.  More time would've helped, but that's nothing new!

It was great seeing everyone else's ideas presented, as well.  My first choice is still to leave the lobe alone, but my second choice would be to cut it up (last presentation).  I find it hard to imagine a structure that could successfully stop or slow the lobe that wouldn't cause more/other problems.  However, as a few of the groups showed, a few brave souls could calculate the precise structure to stop/slow the lobe--I just wouldn't want to be responsible for that project (because I know I would miscalculate)!

My class is working away on their Mouse Mazes.  Time is running out, and some groups have had to start over regularly because their projects keep getting taken apart by others or falling apart.  The projects take up a lot of room, which we don't have in a room with 26 desks and students.  One group left theirs all put together to test the following day to find out the night crew had picked up it and stacked it!  I've started to put signs up to not disturb the projects, but it hasn't helped all that much because the projects are clearly interfering with the night crew's duty to vacuum and help keep the room clean.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment