Monday, April 14, 2014

Reflection 12: Monster Lobe Solutions



Class tonight, like usual, was fun!  It was great to hear all the different solutions to this monster lobe problem.  I would love to see the blockade in action.  That seems like it would be fun to watch in a simulation, though I am not sure it would hold back the monster lobe.  It may work for avalanches, but the debris in the monster lobe just seems as if it would just knock it over like a deck of cards.  

 I still like the underground idea.  I am not sure how building a tunnel under permafrost would be done, but if we could just bury the road and the pipeline it would be out of the way and they wouldn’t have to move either of them out of the way (just under the way).  I also really like Ronna’s idea.  That was so inventive.  I loved her backing as well.   

The solution I liked the best was still to move the road and the pipeline.  I still feel that this is such a large mass we are dealing with.  It is like a glacier, we should let nature run its course.  I feel that we could have decided which direction we could have gone, underground vs. across the river, etc…  If we had a definite idea on how we wanted to divert it then we could have sold the idea even more.  Also, with more time we could have come up with more research on the cost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment