Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Class Reflection 4/14

Class last evening initially caused me to worry some.  I don't feel like I am able to produce the kind of work (or presentations, in this case) that I am proud of in such a short time.  That being said, I really enjoyed working with Debbie.  I wish my husband had physically been in class last evening.  He was already in Illinois so I was keeping him up while we chatted about breaking up the Monster Lobe by using explosives.  I also spent about an hour after class talking with my brother-in-law about blowing up the Monster Lobe; he used to be an EOD tech.  We had a great discussin about different options we could use if we were unable to get an auger on the terrain near the Monster Lobe.  It would be neat to have people from the military come in and share their expertise with those who are working on solutions to tackle the Monster Lobe.

In class you asked what we would change.  I think I would have made an initial slide quickly and then went out and researched.  1 hour is just not enough time to do the kind of research we needed to do.  I think Debbie and I both had great ideas.  It would have also been neat to show it with Minecraft.  Colin is able to do this much faster than I am; I move at a pace similar to the zombies as they wander around trying to eat people. 

Overall, class was good.  As I said before I am still very nervous to go first next week, but as my husband so kindly pointed out...I will be done first. :)  Have a great rest of the week!


Oops....almost forgot!  I am not sure that I have a favorite solution to the Monster Lobe.  I think the most effecient will probably be a combination of a few options.  I think some of the Monster Lobe may be able to be blown up and moved out in pieces, making it smaller.  Then, the portion that remains could be held with a barrier similar to a snow net or a retaining wall?  Just ideas.

1 comment:

  1. You have a very valid point, Sara - it's a big project and an hour to solve it is not enough time. With little time, outlining your main ideas is a great first step. This keeps you on task and also lets you think about the biggest expenditures, etc.
    I like your combination solution - you've gotta do something with the pieces...

    ReplyDelete